Current Job Openings
Develop a market of newspaper customers. Outbound telephone calls and web meetings to acquire new customers and develop existing customers.
Provide demonstrations and work through the entire sales process. Document calls and contact history in the our ERP database. Provide general account management and collections support for GNS’s newspaper customers.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma plus comparable experience. Native language of targeted countries and conversational business English
Web Developer/Software Engineer
This person develops and supports our core systems for e-commerce classifieds, newspaper email editions and smartphone apps (iPhone and Android). Included in this role is custom configuration for some of the more complex implementations. Major responsibilities include:
- Provide Tier II support to our 100+ newspaper customers around the world.
- Implement and support our eCommerce/classifieds system, email editions, smartphone apps, etc.
- Provide Tier II technical support to our company-owned newspapers.
- Develop and support our video distribution system on Android operating system.
A senior web developer/software engineer would develop and supports our core systems for processing classifieds, newspaper email editions and smartphone apps (iPhone and Android). Included in this role is custom configuration for some of the more complex implementations. Strong understanding of Linux, Java, and relational databases.
This may also entail managing the development and support team for integrating all systems provided to our customers: ERP, CRM, HRMS, CMS, CDN, etc. Comfortable with database architecture, workflow, accounting, etc. Manages sys admin/DevOps, Programmers, DBAs, etc. Can implement and manage project plans and budgets.
This person will help to organize HQ in its role as a service provider. Requires algebra and statistics, strong Excel, and ability to acquire and analyze data for multiple products, legal entities, currencies, etc. The role is a catchall from accounting, HR, general administration, etc. Comfortable with forecasting, budgeting, cost accounting, basic tax implications, cost management, etc. Major responsibilities:
- Accounting: Ensure that the correct processes are in place and are being followed by US offices. Some GL/AP/AR. Bank deposit and account reconciliation. Collections letters and collections calls each week (approximately four hours of calls).
- Cost/management accounting: develop cost drivers and allocations to enable P&Ls; for divisions and departments.
- Purchasing: Ability to negotiate with vendors (including subcontractors & employees). Understanding of pricing options, terms, etc.
- HR: Ensure that correct processes are in place to minimize employee disputes. Ensure that compensation plans are clearly defined and implemented.
- HR/Recruiting: Facilitate posting jobs, screening resumes & telephone screening, initial job interviews, etc.
- Operations: ensure that offices are generally operation in an optimal manner. Assist in the overall operation of the newspaper from circulation and sales management, facilities management, etc.
- Branch Operations: Facilitate with remote management of remote offices, possible internal audit.
This position is part of our management training rotation program. The objective is to introduce to potential journalists/managers experience in all major areas of managing a newspaper including editorial, advertising sales, circulation sales, distribution, operations and finance. Following a 12-18-month training program, journalist should understand enough of the operations to be a managing editor or advertising manager/GM of a newspaper. During this time associations should become proficient at running an office, recruiting, data mining, Adobe Creative Suite, which includes InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere.
Manage several projects include web and smartphone development, systems integration, financial planning and analysis, etc. This includes gathering and organizing requirements of Digital Marketing/Tech II, Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns , video production define marketing packages, Manage organization’s website, Optimize content for the website and social networking channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, etc. Track the website traffic flow and provide reports regularly.
Another project manager role would entail managing the development and support team for integrating all systems provided to our customers: ERP, CRM, HRMS, CMS, CDN, etc. Comfortable with database architecture, workflow, accounting, etc. Manages sys admin/dev ops, programmers, DBAs, etc. Can implement and manage project plans and budgets.